We will be posting the latest, accurate information as soon as we get it.
12th July 2019 – Rye Rd expected to reopen today
- Is the Rye Rd formally open – it will be inspected later today and expecting to reopen
- Will SGN close the Rye Rd again – no they have completed all their work
- Will businesses be able to get compensation from SGN as the closure is under 28 Days – SGN are considering this
- Yellow lines Highgate Hill – Dickens Way – the section near Highgate Hill traffic will be finished off as someone was parked when work was done
- The gullies running from Water Lane to Dickens Way will be dug out and cleansed in September using two way traffic control between the hours of 09:30am-15:30pm.
- The gullies running from Dickens Way to Highgate Hill will be cleansed in the next few weeks after 19:00pm using temporary traffic signals.
- Further patching along Cranbrook Rd and Highgate Hill – started marking out, work to be programmed and will contact the Parish when work agreed to take place
- Further gullying digging out along Cranbrook Rd and Highgate Hill – work to be programmed and will contact the Parish when work agreed to take place
8th July 2019 update – work is progressing well
1st July 2019 update.
The SGN Rye Rd gas works are progressing well, in addition KCC Highways are aiming to do the following this week.
A268 Rye Road – Junction of the A229 Highgate Hill to the junction of Dickens Way – Carriageway patching to be carried out on the evenings of 1st and 2nd July. Road to be closed with access and the SGN diversion routes in place are to be utilised.
A268 Rye Road – Junction of the A229 Highgate Hill to the junction of Dickens Way – Refreshing carriageway lining to be carried out on the evenings of 1st and 2nd July, following patching works. This is subject to weather conditions.
A268 Rye Road – Junction of Water Lane to the junction of Conghurst Lane – Carriageway patching throughout removing various potholes and other carriageway defects to begin from Wednesday 3rd July and continue for 1 week.
A268 Rye Road – Junction of Water Lane – Reset 2No. signs and posts on the island following HGV damage. Works to start from Wednesday 3rd July.
A268 Rye Road – Approaching the Oak and Ivy Public House – Section of footway with small void to be repaired from Wednesday 3rd July.
A268 Rye Road – Junction of Water Lane to the junction of Conghurst Lane – To dig out and clean all gullies within this section to begin from Wednesday 3rd July and continue for 1 week.
The FAQ’s will be updated regularly, if you want to ask a question please email email@example.com
Rye Road Closure – 17th June 2019
Rye Road A 268 Closure – 17th June 2019
The Rye Road will close from Monday 17th June to Tuesday 23rd July 2019 for more information and updates can be found on SGN’s dedicated project page at: https://www.sgn.co.uk/Roadworks/Hawkhurst-Rye-Road/
Rye Road A268 Closure – 2pm 4th June 2019
Hawkhurst Parish Council Chairman, Clare Escombe stated “I attended a meeting with representatives from KCC, TWBC, SGN, CWB, Arriva, St Ronan’s School and neighbouring Parish Councils. The focus of our input was to try and minimise the disruption to the community, business and local groups. The conclusion of the meeting was further discussions are ongoing and a decision will be made this week. We will keep you updated when we know more.”
1st June 2019
Hawkhurst Parish Council Chairman is attending a meeting this week with KCC and the contractors seeking changes to reduce the impact on the community, businesses and groups not only in Hawkhurst but in the surrounding area.